The very lovely ladies Annika and Chloe from twolittleowlsblog have very kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much! 🙂 It’s always so lovely to be nominated for a blog award! I must apologise for the delay in accepting your nomination – this week has absolutely flown by. But I now officially accept your nomination and fulfil the requirements set 🙂
1. How did you get in to blogging/ what made you decide to start blogging?
Over the past couple of years I’ve really got into crafting, and I spend most of my spare time doing it! My lovely friend (and partner-in-craft) Daria encouraged me to get started after seeing some of my crafts – she blogs at Fox and Flamingo and I really admired what she was doing. At first I wondered if I’d ever get it going, or if anyone would ever read what I wrote – thankfully I did and I’m so grateful that people stop by and leave comments about my posts. I love the online community – it’s great to meet like-minded people 🙂
2. When did you start your blog?
September 2012, and it has been a big part of my life since then!
3. Would you rather cook or go out for a meal?
I’d always rather cook – I love trying out new recipes for friends and family. However, The main advantage of going out is that there isn’t any washing up at the end though!
4. What is your favourite make-up brand?
I love Clinique – I use their makeup and skincare and I have done for a long time. I got acne when I was just 8 years old and have had quite bad skin for a long time, but when I was a teenager I discovered that the Clinique anti-blemish range works really well for me. It is the only skin care I’ll ever use!
5. What is your favourite season and why?
This is such a tough question! I love the colours of autumn (and the fact that I can get my wooly tights out again), I love long summer days in my garden or at the beach. But I think that spring is probably my favourite – it always feels like a new beginning, a fresh start, with beautiful flowers and a sense of excitement. Basically, I just don’t like winter!
6. What is your favourite food/meal?
Cheesecake – I loooooove cheesecake! 🙂 I have developed a super sweet tooth over the past couple of years, which I have to try to control…if I make cake or something now then it has to be when people are coming over. Or I try a little and take the rest to work!
7. If you won the lottery, what would you buy/do first?
If I won the jackpot then the first thing I’d do is give a big chunk of it to family and close friends (so they could pay off mortgages etc). And then I’d buy one of those 50s style jukeboxes! I remember when the lottery first started when I was a kid, and my parents asked my what I’d buy if they won – this was always my answer. I thought they were just the most amazing things, so I’d still have to get one if I won!
8. What is your favourite film?
I must admit that I’m not really a film buff. If you ask me if I’ve seen a particular film, the answer will probably be no! If I had to pick one then I’d probably say The Jungle Book – it’s such a feel-good film.
9. Do you prefer shopping online or going to the shop yourself?
Probably a mixture – if it’s clothes or fabric shopping then I prefer to buy from the shop, because the feel of the fabric is really important to me and you can’t always tell online. But I love my vintage finds from eBay – especially my pink typewriter!
10. What is your perfect holiday destination?
Anywhere in Italy – we went to Sardinia on honeymoon which was amazing, and our previous holiday (4 years earlier) was to Lake Garda, Venice, Florence and Milan. Everything about it was so lovely – the weather, the food, the architecture. I love it!
11. What is your favourite book?
It has to be Captain Corelli’s Mandolin. My copy has fallen to pieces because I’ve read it so many times! We had a passage from it at our wedding – it’s such a beautiful story.
11 random facts about me
1. I’ve never dyed my hair – but it does go naturally blonde in summer.
2. I’m allergic to pineapple – but it’s actually my favourite fruit! It just doesn’t like me!
3. When I was 11, I was the Yorkshire Champion in my age group at orienteering. This is quite ironic, because I’m so bad with directions now!
4. I can’t drive (but really want to learn). Must improve on my sense of direction first…
5. I hate wrestling. With a passion.
6. I’m absolutely terrified of clowns. It’s probably the one thing I have in common with P-Diddy!
7. I love Murder, She Wrote and have most of the box-sets! Well, possibly all of them…
8. My feet are mahoosive – I take anywhere between a size 8 – 10 (UK), which makes buying shoes really hard.
9. It’s almost 10 years since I moved up to Newcastle to start my undergraduate degree – how time flies!
10. I used to play in a band, and we had our song played on BBC Radio 1. That was pretty exciting!
11. I used to be a music teacher, but now I teach English to international students. But what I’d really like to do is craft and blog for a living so I’m working hard to get there!
The blogs I’d like to nominate are:
My questions for you are:
1. What is your favourite craft and why?
2. Where is your favourite place?
3. Who is your style icon?
4. What is your favourite musical?
5. If you could do anything for a day, what would you do?
6. Who is your favourite TV chef?
7. What would your desert island disk be?
8. Where was your last holiday destination?
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
10. Pasta or pizza?
11. If you weren’t doing the job you do, what would you do instead?
These are the rules you must follow to join in!
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have fewer than 200 followers).
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post! 🙂