There hasn’t been a huge amount of crafting going on here this week, but this is for an important reason: I was sorting out my embroidery threads. I used to keep them in a little bag, and would do that thing where you try and pull out a colour but end up with a handful of tangled cotton! Argh! So I decided to put all of my colours onto card bobbins.
A simple task, you might think. But I also decided to make the card bobbins myself – the Yorkshirewoman in me just wouldn’t let me buy them when I have tonnes of card in my craft cupboard. So that added more time! I also had more thread than I thought, partly because Tom’s aunt gave me a wonderful supply that she doesn’t need any more. Once I had started, it was one of those things that I just had to finish!
I’m so pleased with it now, and relieved that I don’t have to do any more! At least it should be an easier job when I buy any more colours. Not that I should need to for a while! I organised the box in dark-light shades of each colour, and I just love the effect. I must start a new sewing project now! 🙂