Tonight I started work on something that I’ve been worrying about – buttonholes! I put together a piece of practice ‘waistcoat’ with some scraps that were left over. I started sewing them by hand, but this proved more difficult than I imagined! I thought I’d be able to control it much more easily than on the machine, but it was really tough. So, having said that I wouldn’t try machining them, I thought I might as well have a go. It was actually easier than I thought and looks a lot neater. But I still need to do loads of practice before it’ll feel confident enough to do one on an actual waistcoat! Wish me luck…I think I’m going to need it!